Data Breach Preparation And Response: Breaches are Certain, Impact is not.
1st Edition, Kindle Edition
Data Breach Preparation and Response: Breaches are Certain, Impact is Not is the first book to provide 360 degree visibility and guidance on how to proactively prepare for and manage a data breach and limit impact. Data breaches are inevitable incidents that can disrupt business operations and carry severe reputational and financial impact, making them one of the largest risks facing organizations today.
The effects of a breach can be felt across multiple departments within an organization, who will each play a role in effectively managing the breach. Kevvie Fowler has assembled a team of leading forensics, security, privacy, legal, public relations and cyber insurance experts to create the definitive breach management reference for the whole organization.
- Discusses the cyber criminals behind data breaches and the underground dark web forums they use to trade and sell stolen data
- Features never-before published techniques to qualify and discount a suspected breach or to verify and precisely scope a confirmed breach
- Helps identify your sensitive data, and the commonly overlooked data sets that, if stolen, can result in a material breach
- Defines breach response plan requirements and describes how to develop a plan tailored for effectiveness within your organization
- Explains strategies for proactively self-detecting a breach and simplifying a response
- Covers critical first-responder steps and breach management practices, including containing a breach and getting the scope right, the first time
- Shows how to leverage threat intelligence to improve breach response and management effectiveness
- Offers guidance on how to manage internal and external breach communications, restore trust, and resume business operations after a breach, including the critical steps after the breach to reduce breach-related litigation and regulatory fines
- Illustrates how to define your cyber-defensible position to improve data protection and demonstrate proper due diligence practices
Kevvie is a partner at Deliotte Consulting, and the National Resilience Practice Leader responsible for the strategy and delivery of Crisis Management, Cyber Response and Business Continuity services.
He has over 22 years of experience assisting organizations protect and ensure the availability of sensitive information as well as preparing for and recovering from disruptions and some of the industry’s most high-profile data breaches.
Kevvie has served as an expert witness and advisor in data breach cases and is well experienced helping organizations demonstrate cyber defensibility after an incident.